Haight Bey & Associates LLC is a small Veteran Owned and operated business located in Northern Utah. We are service focused Prime DOD contractor and specialize in product lifecycle maintenance. We are currently looking for an experienced Radio Technician/Operator to participate in our Land Mobile Radio program. This position is responsible for the installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of two-way radios, Base Stations, repeaters, telephone systems, and other electronic communication, monitoring, and accessory equipment. This position reports directly to our Operations Team, is an hourly position with a generous benefits package and will be based in the Ogden Utah area.
The perfect candidate has prior experience as a Field Service Technician (FST), is a veteran, a self-starter, and is confident in their ability to deliver an unparalleled customer service experience to all of our customers. A Haight Bey FST must be able to work independently with little to no supervision, utilize sound judgment, and perform within the allotted schedule. In addition, our FST must be able to manage service calls that require more time than anticipated and adapt without becoming frustrated or rushing through a job. They must also possess superb customer service skills and an ability to diagnose and solve sometimes complex problems from non-technical descriptions provided by our customers. As a small business, all of our employees are required to cross-train in other disciplines needed within the organization and are expected to work in these disciplines when and if the workload demands.
GENERAL JOB EXPECTATIONS
• Develop work schedule based on managerial input and tie workflow to daily schedule
• Perform with a high level of skill and professionalism all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
• Diagnose errors (onsite and remote) or technical problems and determine proper solutions
• Produce timely, highly detailed, and exceptionally accurate service reports
• Follow documented processes and procedures, and implement updates as necessary
• Be a great oral and written communicator
• Be willing to learn and become familiar with other Haight Bey initiatives/projects
• Be coachable
• Be motivated
• Provide feedback
• Be on-time, all the time
• Never have a “Not My Job” attitude
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Experience in operating and maintaining and installing a variety of Land mobile Radios
• Experience in modifying existing equipment to meet present customer needs
• Experienced in planning and designing of new Radio installations, systems, and equipment upgrades
• Hands on experience in Grounding, RF frequency checks, and interference problems
• Provide technical expertise in the consideration of equipment and system needs
• Repair and maintain test equipment
• Identify and attend training and read publications to remain current in the technology
• Maintain logs and prepare reports
• Maintains inventory of equipment and parts.
• Willingness and desire to grow and work on projects not currently describe in this job description
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service a variety of technical equipment using electronic and hand tools
• Read and understand electronic schematics and block diagrams
• Ability and willingness to safely perform all job functions in a variety of environmental conditions i.e. heat, Rain, snow, darkness, etc.
• Willingness to learn new things and perform tasking’s that may be outside of the scope of this job description
• Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Solid understanding of Microsoft office suite of products
• Familiarity with ISO9001 related processes and procedures
• Valid State Drivers Licensees with no accidents in past 3 years
• Great oral and written English literacy (2nd language a plus)
• Ability to lift over 75lbs
• Technical Degree or Certification and/or a combination of recent work experience with increased responsibility.
• 1-3 years radio technician and RF trouble shooting experience.
• Ability to obtain a DoD clearance (No criminal history)
• Military Experience highly preferred.